- Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Care
- Hip and Knee Replacement including revisions
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Medical School: MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1999
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, 1995
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Indianapolis/Indiana University, Orthopaedic Traumatology, 2005
- Residency: Henry Ford Bicounty, MSU, 2004
- Board Certified
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Academy of Osteopathic Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Candidate Member
See What My Patients Say!
Dr. Wiersema is married and has two children. His wife, Dr. Stephanie Morreale, is an obstetrician at Northwood Obstetrics and Gynecology. They have been in Traverse City since 2005. Dr. Wiersema is very active within the bike community and races with the Hagerty Cycling Team. He is an outdoor enthusiast, enjoying hiking, skiing, and boating.