WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WHEN I’M A NEW PATIENT?
1. Insurance cards, Photo ID, and billing information
2. All forms that may have been sent to you prior to your visit (completed)
3. Copy of X-rays and all studies that have been done at a facility other than Munson Medical Center or a Munson Medical Center Affiliate
4. Clinical notes and/or operative reports pertaining to your appointment
5. List of medications, allergies and post-surgical procedures
Note: Our clinical presentation staff will be contacting you by phone for your medical history and medication list prior to your appointment.
WHAT TYPE OF CLOTHING SHOULD I WEAR FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Shorts work best for knee exams. In general, it is best if you wear clothing that does not include zippers, buttons, metal, and/or jewelry that may interfere with your examination.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER THE COST OF SERVICE?
Most insurance cards have a phone number on the back of the card. It is best to call first to make sure your procedure will be covered.
WHAT DO I DO IF GREAT LAKES ORTHOPAEDIC CENTER DOES NOT PARTICIPATE WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY?
Insurances that we do not participate with will be billed as a courtesy. All balances and services not covered by your insurance are the responsibility of the patient. (Not all orthopaedic work, physical therapy, or orthotic devices are covered by all insurance plans. You may require pre-authorization).
WHAT COSTS DO I HAVE TO COVER THE DAY OF MY APPOINTMENT?
All co-pays and deductibles for services rendered are due at the time of service unless arrangements have been made prior to your visit.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Care Credit, money orders, personal check and cash.
HOW MUCH NOTIFICATION DO I NEED TO GIVE TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT WITHOUT PENALTY?
If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact us 24 hours prior to your appointment at 231-935-0900 or 1-800-203-0044.
WHAT NUMBER DO I CALL IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?