Appointments & Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
If you must reschedule or change an appointment, we ask that you inform us as far in advance as possible if you need to reschedule so that we may accommodate other patients. We also ask for your understanding when emergencies arise, requiring us to delay or reschedule your appointment. Our goal is to treat each individual with the full attention required, especially in emergency situations.
We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled time.
Please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
1. Insurance cards
2. All forms that may have been sent to you prior to your visit (completed)
3. Copy of x-rays and all studies that have been done at a facility other than Munson Medical Center or a Munson Medical Center affiliate
4. Clinical notes and/or operative reports pertaining to your visit
5. List of medications, allergies and post-surgical procedures
Also, please wear shorts for knee exams. It is best if clothing does not include zippers, buttons, metal and/or jewelry that may interfere with your examination.
Our on-call doctors rotate coverage after hours and on weekends. If you have a medical concern after hours, our scheduled on call physician can be reached by calling the main office number 231.935.0900 and follow prompts to be transferred to our answering service.
If you have a serious or life-threatening emergency, go directly to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
Our experienced orthopaedic specialists are trained to assist you with your concerns or questions. If you have a question, you may need to leave a message and we will respond at the earliest opportunity. If you have an emergency, contact your nearest Emergency Department.
If you need to request certain medical records or x-rays from our office, we do attempt to fulfill these requests as soon as administratively possible.
Please contact our Medical Records Department at 231-929-5742.
Please contact our X-ray Department at 231-929-4074.
General guidelines are as follows:
1. Referral to another office or facility by GLOC: Within 48 Hours
2. To your referring physician: Within 48 hours of document completion
3. At your request for the current visit: Within 48 hours of document completion
4. All other requests: Within 30 days of receipt of a signed Release of Information form that meets HIPAA requirements